Summer is the season for major car-battery problems. Heat, not cold, shortens battery life, says the Car Care Council.
Excessive heat and overcharging are thus the main reasons for shortened battery life. Heat causes battery fluid to evaporate, thus damaging the internal structure of the battery. A malfunctioning component in the charging system, usually the voltage regulator, allows too high a charging rate. That’s slow death for a battery.
American Air and Auto Repair uses only quality batteries.
What We Do:
At American Auto Air and Repair, we visually inspect the following:
- We clean your battery using a battery cleaner
- We then thoroughly inspect your battery
- We install anti-corrosion Battery Terminal protectors
- Battery posts, terminals and case are sealed
- In severe cases we may replace the terminal
How Often We Recommend This Service:
- We recommend this service every two years.